Past Seminars 2012
1. April 6, "Should Japanese Tax System be More
Shun-ichiro Bessho (Keio
2. April 12, "The Effect of Tax Credit
to Politically Distorted Allocations:
A Theoretical Approach"
Ryo Ishida (Ministry
of Finance, Policy Research Institute)
3. April 13, "The Marxian Optimal
Growth ModelFReproduction Scheme and
General Law of Capitalist Accumulation"
4. April 20, "Childcare Access and
Attaining Desirable Employment: The Case
of Women with Preschool-Aged Children in Tokyo"
Mizuki Kawabata (Keio
5. April 27, "Strategic Voting and the
Case for the Political Race to the
Top" (joint work with Yukihiro Nishimura)
Kimiko Terai (Keio
6. May 11, "Expectation Formation
Functions and Price Dynamics: An
Application to the U.S. Hog Market"
Saang Joon Baak (Waseda
University, Faculty of International
Research & Education)
7. May 25, "On Weighted Voting
Naoki Watanabe (University
of Tsukuba, Graduate School of Systems and Information Enginnering)
8. June 1, "Environmental Management
Policy@under International Carbon
Leakage" (joint work with Kazuharu Kiyono)
Jota Ishikawa (Hitotsubashi
University, Faculty of Economics)
9. June 5, "The U.S. Labor Market:
Slack Demand or Increased Structural
Daniel G. Sullivan (Federal
Reserve Bank of Chicago)
10. June 8, "Spousal Love and Children:
An Economic Analysis" (joint work with Sankar Mukhopadhyay)
Shoshana Grossbard (San Diego State University, Department of Economics)
11. June 8, "Economic Dynamics under
eHuman Development Aid'F Productive
Consumption Externality and Indeterminacy of Equilibrium"
Ichiro Daito (Tohoku
University, Department of International Economic Relations)
12. June15, "Effects of Universal Health
Insurance on Health Care
Utilization, Supply-Side Responses and Mortality Rates: Evidence from
Ayako Kondo (Hosei
University, Faculty of Economics)
13. June 28, "GMM for Realized Volatility"
(joint work with Shin Kanaya &
Taisuke Otsu (Yale
14. June 29, "Third Countries in
Takatoshi Tabuchi (University
of Tokyo, Department of Economics)
15. July 5,"Understanding the Effect of
Communism on Social Preferences:
Experimental Evidence with North Korean Refugees"
Byung-Yeon Kim (Seoul
16. July 6,"Effort in Study and Income
Hideki Nakamura (Osaka
17. July 7,"The Halle Economic Projection
Oliver Holtmuller (Institute
of World Economy at Halle)
18. July 13, "Longshot Bias in Parimutuel
Markets: An Evolutionary
Explanation" (joint work with Takahiro Watanabe)
Atsushi Kajii (Kyoto
University, Institute of Economic Research)
19. July 20, "Purely Subjective Extended
Bayesian Models with Knightian
Xiangyu QU (Ohio State University)
20. July 20, "Downward-Sloping Term Structure
of Lease Rates: A Puzzle"
(joint work with Miki Seko and Kazuto Sumita)
Jiro Yoshida (Pennsylvania State
University, Risk Management Department)
21. July 24, "Overconfidence in Jury Problem"
Toru Suzuki (University of Technology, Sydney)
22. September 28, "Guilt Aversion Revisited:
An Experimental Test of a New Model"
Toshiji Kawagoe (Future University
of Complex and Intelligent Systems)
23. October 5, "Estimating the Effects of
Pronatal Policies on Residential
Choice and Fertility" (joint work with Ryuichi Tanaka)
Ryo Nakajima (Keio
University, Department of Economics)
24. October 6, " New Financing Method of
Hometown Investment in Asia" (joint
work with Naoyuki Yoshino)
Sussangkarn (President of Thailand Development Research Institute,
Former Minister of Finance, Thailand)
25. October 12, "Asset Bubbles and Bailout"
Tomohiro Hirano (University of Tokyo, Graduate School of
Economics, Faculty of Economics)
26. October 19, "Historical Development of
Regional Differences in Womenfs
Participation in Japan"
Yukiko Abe (Hokkaido
University, Graduate School of
Economics and Business Administration)
27. October 26, "Fewer School Days, More
Daiji Kawaguchi (Hitotsubashi
University, Department of
28. November 2, "The Labor Market
Effects of Introducing Unemployment Benefits
in an Economy with High Informality"
Julen Esteban-Pretel (National Graduate Institute for Policy)
29. November 8, "Financial Market
Structure and Central Clearing"
Robert Steigerwald (Federal
Reserve Bank of Chicago)
30. November 9, "International Trade
and Income Inequality" (joint work with
Taiji Furusawa (
Hitotsubashi University, Department of
31. November 10, "The Zombification of
the Economy: What Does Innovation and
Growth Theory Tell Us"
Ulrich Blum (
Martin Luther Universität Halle-Wittenberg)
32. November 16, "Welfare States and
the Redistribution of Happiness"
Hiroshi Ono (
Texas A&M University, Department of
33. November 28, "Preferences over Pay
Profiles: Evidence from a High-Quit
Industry" (joint work with Steve Burks)
Paris School of Economics)
34. November 29, "Do People Adapt to
Poverty? Evidence from the German SOEP"
(joint work with Andrew E. Clark and Simone Ghislandi)
University of Milano-Bicocca)
35. November 30, "Payoff Equivalance
Theorem with Rich Type Space"
Hiroshi Tateishi (
Nagoya University , Department of Economics)
36. November 30, "Identifying News
Shocks with Forecast Data" (joint work with Takushi Kurozumi)
Yasuo Hirose (
Keio University , Department of Economics)
37. December 4, "Japan's Climate Change
Policies: History, New Stories, and
Yasuko Kameyama (
National Institute for Environmental Studies)
38. December 4, "Constraints for
Carbon/Energy Taxes in Spain"
Xavier Labandeira (
University of Vigo, Spain)
39. December 7, "A Dynamic Mechanism
Design with Intertemporal Complements and
Ryuji Sano (
Osaka University, Institute of Social and
40. December 7, "Bootstrap Bias
Correction for Functions of Integrated Variance"
Daisuke Nagakura (
Keio University, Department of Economics)
41. December 10, "Currency Composition
of External Debt and Exchange Rate"
42. December 14, "Spread of
Anti-Hegemonic Wars: From Peripheral Areas to the
Keisuke Nakano (University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, College of
Business and Economics)
43. December 14, "Effects of Siblings
and Birth Order on Income Redistribution
Eiji Yamamura (Seinan
Gakuin University, Department of Economics)
44. December 18, Identification and Counterfactuals in Dynamic Models
Market Entry and Exit
Junichi Suzuki (University
45. December 21, "Cultures, Worldviews,
and Intergenerational Altruism"
(joint work with Kohei Kubota, Akiko Kamesaka, Masao Ogaki & Fumio
Masao Ogaki (Keio
46. January 18, "Incentives and Social
Preferences in a Traditional Labor
Contract: Evidence from Rice Planting Field Experiments in the
Philippines" (joint work with Jun Goto, Takeshi Aida, and Keitaro
Yasuyuki Sawada (Tokyo
University, Graduate School of Economics,
Faculty of Economics)
Copyright © 2000-, KEIO ECONOMIC SOCIETY : All rights reserved.