Past Seminars 2009
1. April 10,"Financial Incentives, Agency
Problems, and the Choice of
Toshiaki Iizuka (Keio University)
2. April 17,"Gender Salary Differences in
Economics Departments in Japan"
Ana Takahashi (PhD Candidate,
University of Utah)
3. April 24,"Measurement of Consumer Benefit of
Competition in Retail Outlets"
4. May 1,"Stability of Production Networks in
East Asia: Duration and
Survival of Trade"
5. May 7,"International Business Cycle
Accounting:The Case of Japan and
Keisuke Otsu(Sophia University)
6. May 8,"Breaking 'The Curse of the Bambino':
Behavioral Finance and
Investor Mood in Boston (and Implications for Regulation)"
7. May 15,"Recent Applications of Effectivity
Functions in Social Choice"
Bazalel Peleg (Hebrew
University of Jerusalem)
8. May 22,"Optimal Executive Compensation and
(joint work with Hiroshi
9. May 28,"The Negishi Method in the History of
General Equilibrium Theory"
Keiichi Hori (Ritsumeikan University)
Masahiro Kawamata (Hosei University)
10. May 29,"Land Use Regulation as a Barrier
to Entry: Evidence from the
Junichi Suzuki ( Dept. of Econ.,
University of Toronto)
11. June 5,"Poverty Traps with Local
Allocation Tax Grants in Japan"
Takero Doi ( Keio University)
12. June 8,"Recovery from the World Financial
Hirokazu Nakamura(Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking)
13. June 16,"Consumption Smoothing without
Secondary Market for Small
Michio Suzuki(Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of
14. June 19,"Development Strategies for
Developing East Asia: Production
Networks and Industrial Agglomerations"
15. June 26,"Why Do Single People Live with
Kei Sakata (Ritsumeikan
16. June 30,"How Can Minority Representation
Be Ensured by Racial
Redistricting?: A Theoretical Approach"
Keisuke Nakao (College of
Business and Economics, University of Hawaii)
17. July 3,"Inferring Strategic Voting"
Yasutora Watanabe (Kellogg
School of Management, Northwestern University)
18. July 14,"Worker Effort, Search and
Norikazu Tawara (Kanto Gakuin University)
19. July 21,"After Lisbon: Productivity and
Growth in Europe"
Carlo Altomonte (Bocconi
20. July 21,"Policy Coordination in Crisis
and Post-Crisis Age"
Francesco Passarelli (Bocconi
21. July 21,"On the Crisis"
Syumpei Takemori(Keio University)
22. July 21,"Japan's Crisis in the 1990's and
the Current Global Crisis"
Sahoko Kaji (Keio University)
23. July 28,"Real Effects of Price
Stability with Endogenous Nominal
Indexation"（joint work with Cesaire A. Meh and Vincenzo Quadrini）
Yaz Terajima (Bank of
24. July 28, "How Important are Financial
Shocks for the Canadian Business
Shinichi Nishiyama (Bank of
25. July 31, "Implementation of the Core in
Two-Sided Matching with
Masahiro Watabe (Washington
University in St. Louis, Department of Economics, Ph.D program)
26. August 7, "Governing the Resource:
Scarcity-induced Institutional Change"
Nori Tarui (University of Hawaii)
27. September 25, "Prohibiting Sex or
Prohibiting True Love? An Empirical
Assessment of Effect of Statutory Rape Law on Teenage Marriage in
Japan" (joint work with Hideo Akabayashi)
Akihito Toda (Works
28. October 2, "Firm Heterogeneity and
Different Modes of
Internationalization: Evidence form Japanese Firms"
Ryuhei Wakasugi (Institute
of Economic Research of Kyoto
University, Keio University)
29. October 3, "International Banking and
Liquidity Allocation: Cross-border
Financial Services versus Multinational Banking" (joint work with Diemo
Uwe Vollmer (University
30. October 9, "Cooperation in Repeated
Prisoner's Dilemma with Outside
Options" (joint work with Yosuke Yasuda)
Takako Greve (Keio University)
31. October 16, "Why Do We Tip Taxicab
D.J.Flath (Institute of Social and Economic Research of Osaka
32. October 23,
"Technological Progress, On-the-Job Search, and
Unemployment" (joint work with Yuya Takahashi)
Hiroaki Miyamoto (Graduate
School of International Relations)
33. November 6,
"Intergenerational Correlations of Skills"
Emiko Usui (Nagoya University)
34. November 13,
"Choosing someone with Monetary Transfers: a Comprehensive
Yuji Fujinaka (Tokyo Metropolitan
35. November 26,
"An Alternative Decomposition Using a State Space Model with a Mixture
Tatsuma Wada (Wayne State
36. November 27,
"Using Grid Distributions to Test for Affiliation in Models of
First-Price Auctions with Private Values" (joint work with
Luciano I. de Castro)
Harry J. Paarsh (University of Melbourne)
37. December 3,
"Free and Able to Choose: Evidence from Medicare Part D”
Eugenio Miravette (University of Texas at Austin)
38. December 4,
"A Hicksian Trade Cycle Model with Jevon's Law"
Fumio Hamada ( Keio University)
39. December 7,
"British Commercial Networks in Southeast Asia, 1800-1868:The
Transition from Mercantilism to the Age of Free Trade"
Anthony Webster (Liverpool
John Moores University)
40. December 11,
"Is the Truth-Telling Equilibrium Salient?: An Experiment on
Direct Nash Implementation"
Takuma Wakayama (Ryukoku
41. December 18,
"Solving the Noah’s Ark Problem to Preserve Biodiversity"
Kimitoshi Satou (Rikkyo
42. January 7,
"Current Developments in Eu Taxation:Practical Implications and Tax
Gerhard Kraft (University of Halle)
43. January 8,
"News Effects on High Frequency Yen/Dollar Exchange Rate and its
Kimie Harada (Chuo
University, Graduate School of International Accounting)
44. January 15,
"Changes in Main Bank Rescues during the Lost Decade: An
of Corporate Restructuring in Japan, 1981-2007"
Takeo Hoshi (University
of California, San Diego)
45. January 19,
"Partially Binding Platforms and the Advantages of Being an
Yasushi Asako (Institute
for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan)
46. March 11,
"Private Education Provision and Public Finance: The Netherlands"
Harry Patrinos (World Bank)
Copyright © 2000-, KEIO ECONOMIC SOCIETY : All rights reserved.