1. April 9 ,"Government Financial Institutions: What
should the Japanese Government Reform?"
Takero Doi (Keio University)
2. April 16 ,"Inflation Target as a Buffer against
Shin-ich Nishiyama (Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan)
3. April 30 ,"The Formation of International
Production / Distribution Networks in East Asia and Latin America: What Can FTAA Do?"
Fukunari Kimura (Keio University)
4. May 7 ,"Bank Regulation and Market Discipline
around the World?"
Kaoru Hosono (Gakushuin University)
5. May 14 ,"Causality and the Impact of a Shock to
Public Infrastructure Spending"
Radha Balkaransingh (Tsukuba University)
6. May 20 ,"The Impact of the New Deal on Infant
Mortality in the South"
Price Fishback (The University of Arizona)
7. May 21 ,"Real Options in a Duopoly Market with
General Volatility Structure" (joint work with Masaaki Kijima)
Takashi Shibata (Yokohama National University)
8. May 25 ,"On the Shapley NTU Values of Games in
Naoki Watanabe (Kyoto University)
9. May 28,"Collaboration under Weak Complementarities"
Jun-ichiro Ishida (Shinshu University)
10. June 4,"Heterogeneous Costs of Business Cycles
with Incomplete Markets"
Toshihiko Mukoyama (Concordia University)
11. June 11,"Did the U.S. Patent Reforms in the 1980s
give High-tech Firms Opportunity, Difficulty, or Nothing? An Empirical Study"
Shin-ya Kinukawa (Cornell University)
12. June15,"Premarital Pregnancy and Spouse Pairing
Patterns in Japan"
James M. Raymo (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
13. June 18,"Active Labour Market Programmes and
Unemployment in a Dual Labour Market"
Yoshihiko Fukushima (Nagoya University of Commerce & Business)
14. June21,,"Market Integration and Standard of
Livings in Modern Japan:1899-1939"
Kentaro Saito (Kyoto Sangyo University)
15. June 22,"Effects of Maternity Leave Coverage on
Women's Labor Market Outcomes"
Masanori Hashimoto (The Ohio State University)
16. June25, "On the Costs and Benefits of a Mixed
Ryuichi Tanaka (Osaka University)
17. June29, "Three distinct methods for using a
latent-class variable in regression analyses of panel data and their advantages
and limitations: An application to an analysis of stability in the government
Kazuo Yamaguchi (The University of Chicago)
18. July 1, "Globalization, Deep South of America,
Sayuri Guthrie Shimizu (Michigan State University)
19. July 9, "Measuring Capital Intensity in the
Postwar Japanese Economy-A Two-Sector Approach"
Harutaka Takahashi (Meiji Gakuin University)
20. July 12, "Moving Mountains: Meiji Men and the
Quest for Geographical Enlightenment in the Japanese Alps"
Karen Wigen (Stanford University)
21. July 16, "The Basket-Peg, Dollar-Peg, and
Floating: A Comparative Analysis"
"Optimal Exchange Rate System in Two Countries with the Rest of the World "
Naoyuki Yoshino (Keio University)
22. July 16, "Strategic Firm Behavior in the Japanese
Ujo Goto (The University of Kitakyushu)
23. October 1,, "Cooperative Perspectives on Patent
Naoki Watanabe (Kyoto University)
24. October 4, "Open Problems in the Calculus of
John M. Ball (University of Oxford)
25. October 5, "The Series <Klassiker der
Nationalökonomie>:the Creation of a Canon
and the Role of Asian Classics in the History of Economic Thought"
Bertram Schefold (Frankfurt University)
26. October 5, "U.S. Information Technology
Revolution and Its Impact on Industrial Structures of Korea and Taiwan"
John Riew (Pennsylvania State University)
27. October 8, "Globalization:
Civil and Cultural Conflicts"
Ronald W. Jones (University of Rochester)
28. October 15, "Fragmentation in East Asia: Further
Fukunari Kimura, Mitsuyo Ando, Yuya Takahashi (Keio University)
29. October 22, "Is Training More Frequent When the
Wage Premium is Smaller?
Evidence from the European Community Household Panel"
Giorgro Brunello (University of Padova, Italy)
30. October 29, "Causes and Impacts of Overseas
R&D Activities by Japanese Multinational Enterprises"
Yasuyuki Todo (Tokyo Metropolitan University)
31. November 5, "Technology Shocks and Work Hours in
the U.S., Europe and Japan: Evidence from a New VAR Approach" (joint work
with Braun, Anton)
Etsuro Shioji (Yokohama National University)
32. November 12, "Adjusting Global External
Imbalances; China's Role and it's Implications for Asian Countries"
Ichiro Otani (Former IMF Resident Representative, Beijing)
33. November 26, "Equity Holding and Bank Risk"
Masaru Konishi (Hitotsubashi University)
34. December 3 "Consumption and Borrowing Constraints
Midori Wakabayashi (Osaka Prefecture University)
35. December 4, "Landlord Management and 'Makanai-nin
System at the Case of Uematsu-ke"
Makoto Numata (Surugadai University)
36. December 7, "Deconstructing Revisionism: The Case
of Umemoto Katsumi"
Rikki Kersten (Universiteit Leiden)
37. December 10, "Marketing Channels and Retail Store
Density in East Asia"
(joint work with Tadashi Yukimoto, Graduate school of Economics, Kyoto University)
Kenji Matsui (Yokohama National University)
38. December 17, "Comparing Alternative Paths to Free
Trade with Endogenous Political Pressure"
Hiroshi Mukunoki (Gakushuin University)
39. December 18, "Do Global Credit Rating Agencies
Think Globally? Evidence from Recent Research and Perspectives for East
Giovanni Ferri (University of Tokyo, Visiting Professor)
40. January 7, "Trend and Cycles: A New Approach and
Explanations of Some Old Puzzles" (joint work with Pierre Perron)
Tatsuma Wada (Boston University, Department of Economics)
41. January 7, "Welfare -Deteriorating Leadership by
State-Owned Public Enterprises"
Toshihiro Matsumura (University of Tokyo)
42. January 8, "Height and Biological Standards of
Living in the Two Koreas"
Sunyoung Pak (Seoul National University)
43. January 14, "Learning Own Ability and Migration
of the Young: Evidence from Thailand"
Yuichi Kimura (Kyoto University)
44. January 14, "Technology Adoption, Learning by
Doing, and Productivity: A Study of Steel Refining Furnaces"
Hiroshi Ohashi (University of Tokyo)
45. January 21, "Job Changers and Self-Development in
Keiko Yoshida (Osaka University)
46. February 5, "An Introduction to the Historical
Study of Environment: Through the Case Study of the Structure of Forest in
Early Modern Japan"
Teruo Matsubara (Nagoya University)
47. February 5, "Swedish Technology Management"
Sang - Chul Park (Göteborg University, Okayama University)
"Gifts of Civilization: Vector- Borne and Zoonotic
Infectious Diseases in Hawaii"
Richard Yanagihara (University of Hawaii)
"Communicating about Risk of Infectious
Haiou Yang (University of California, Irvine)
March 10, "Public Health in Korea under Japanese
Chai Bin Park (University of Hawaii)
Regional Trade Arrangements: Why and Whither"
Jong Wha Lee (Korea University, The Australian National University)
25, "John Stuart Mill
and Socialism" (temporary title)
Gregory Claeys (Royal Holloway, University of London)
Copyright © 2000-, KEIO ECONOMIC SOCIETY : All rights reserved.